Monday, November 19, 2012

More pics, wrestling, and patience.

We have been doing well for the past 5 or 4 days, as they say here in Ukraine.  Artur is just an adorable boy and he has started loosening up even more and acting goofy around us.  He has a funny, competitive little personality and is smart!  He knows so much English.  I pulled out some flash cards to teach him some English words and see if I could learn some Russian. He knew almost every one.... cow, goat, walrus, egg... he was even reading some in English.  But when I tried to pronounce a Russian word, he repeated it louder but not slower back to me. Then I tried again, and he came back even louder, but still not slower.  And loud for a Ukrainian is unusual, and loudness at the orphanage is even more unusual. So I started to laugh at his frustration and moved on to the next flash card.  I will have to learn how to say, "Please be patient with your mama!"  

This is Rustam joining in the wrestling.  He is Artur's best friend and is really cute. Scott is afraid he'll be put in the hospital after all this wrestling!




Artur told Taylor to put his hands over his eyes and say, "One, two, three...." or to count and play hide and seek.  They were so funny and creative with hiding places. Even Molly joined the hiding too.

Taylor found Artur and is dragging him out!
Rustam and Artur
Luba and Luda - 2 really sweet girls we've played with a little bit.

Artur, Roma, Donya and Dima


Artur loves taking pictures.  He politely asked if he could hold our camera and quickly learned how to work it and started snapping.
Artur and sweet Pasha
Artur probably took 15 pictures of toy cars.




Nikita
Andrei

2 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

Helen & Scott - So thrilled to learn about your journey for sweet Artur! I just spent the last 30 minutes reading through all your old posts. Wow ... praise God for His faithfulness! I will so be praying for you all!
love,
Emily Ferris

Anonymous said...

Dear Marshall Family,

We are so excited for you guys and for sweet Artur Marshall!! We love reading the blog and seeing the pictures. We pray for you guys often during family worship. Can't wait to meet Artur when you guys get home!

Love in Christ,
James Clark Family