Monday, March 2, 2009

No more scary movies for Helen...

Scott here. Helen and I recently agreed that she no longer needed to watch anymore scary movies. She processes these movies in her head after they are over and sometimes dreams about them (she being the victim...not good).

So, the movie The Sixth Sense was on tv Saturday night and I didn't think watching it was a good idea. But, Helen insisted that she was okay after I repeatedly asked her if we needed to change it. One of the first scenes is one of Bruce Willis' child patients from long ago has broken into their house. He is obviously a grown-up psycho now. There he stands, only wearing his underwear, screaming at Bruce Willis for giving up on him as a child. The man then shoots Bruce Willis and himself.

Now let's shift the scene to the Marshall household at 2 a.m. last night. Taylor was fussy most of the night, and Helen had already been up several times to try and calm lil' fella. I knew that he had been crying for a while now, so I decided to get up and see if I could help. Due to Taylor's crying, Helen did not hear me enter the room. She turned around from his crib, and there I stand, only wearing my underwear.....

Yeah, you got the picture. Scottie boy is now psycho man from the Sixth Sense. Helen screams hysterically at me and I pretty much did a back flip out of the room. I kid you not...I didn't get near that woman until I was fully convinced that she knew I was her husband. After some time, I slowly approached Helen to hug her. Turns out she was day dreaming (or night dreaming I should say) about psycho man killer as she was wrapping Taylor up in his blanket.

No more scary/suspenseful/disturbing/anything that remotely relates to psycho killer movies for the Marshall household.

2 comments:

Brink said...

Helen,
This is Katy Walters Brink. :) I know it's so random that you are hearing from me, but I wanted to leave you a message. Meg Daughdrill Flowers told me that you had recently had a baby and had HELLP syndrome during the whole process. I wanted to encourage you that with our first child I had bad HELLP syndrome that worsened after delivery. I don't know if you are feeling poorly or not; for me, it was awhile until I felt back to normal. Be patient with yourself because your body has been through a lot. But we had our second child 5 months ago, and everything was totally normal. I had another c-section (by our choice), but I had ZERO problems. I just wanted to tell you that in case it might encourage you. Having HELLP is scary for you and your family, but I am thankful that the Lord was good to both of us to deliver us from the illness and give us healthy children! Our family blog is thebrinks.wordpress.com if you are interested.

Jennie said...

you were smart to stay away - and, lucky that y'all don't have a balcony. :)