It is hard to describe how much fun we have had with Artur for the past 3 days. He is such a funny, energetic, and kind addition to our family. We finished applying for his passport late yesterday evening, then he and the other girl adopted by the friends we have met here, begged us to go back to McDonalds. I think I was the only reluctant one, but it was good. Artur didn't eat quite as much this time. We followed it up with a piece of chocolate and a walk in the city park. Artur turned our stroller once again in to a race car and was doing circles around us all.
We finished out the night with a card game of Speed, in which Artur beat me 3 games in a row! As he is playing his cards, he is saying, "I'm sorry," with a smirk on his face. Right now we are having an hour of quiet time, where we are all getting a little space from each other, and Artur has cleaned up all the dishes from lunch and wiped the counters, of his own choosing. We are very thankful and impressed!
We have seen how Taylor's adjustment in this new family arrangement will be challenging because he is all of a sudden not the biggest, not the first, not the fastest, and not the most clever. But his big brother has shown great kindness, acting like he can't find him in hide and seek, or letting him get away in zombie (chase). Scott and I are trying to pay attention to him too. We'll play one game of speed with Artur, then play a game of Go Fish so Taylor can play.
Molly girl, now speaking in full sentences said to me this morning, "Where's Artur?" And I told her he was still sleepy. She walked over to Artur, who was having a very difficult time snoozing in bed with everyone coming in and out of his "room" (the pullout in the living room). He smiled at her and she started laughing. Then ran back to me and said, "Artur not seep, Artur woke up!" The 5 of us played hide and seek for almost 2 hours this morning while our electricity was out and we all needed showers (hot water). Molly could fit in the tiniest spots.
Artur is now trying to vacuum. Tell me this is not just a fascination with a new toy. Tell me this is going to continue???
We have had so much fun skyping with family. We would love to keep skyping and can't wait to get back to Mississippi soon! We are scheduled to return to Jackson on Sunday night, December 23rd at 8:07 p.m.
3 comments:
I can't wait to meet Artur. He seems to be an exceptional, young man. Anxious for you guys to get home, but just enjoy the remainder of your time there. Now that the hard part is behind you, you can be on an exotic vacation in Eastern Europe; all 'five' of you. How exciting!
I am so thankful that you have shared your story with your clients! I have looked forward to each posting and being witness to how God works. I can see that you are the greatest of blessings to each other. I admire your trust and faith that you have shown through this process. How exciting to look forward to a new normal. God bless each of you and safe travels home. Susan Edgar
What an incredible Christmas this will be! The Birmingham Moss cousins can't wait to welcome our newest cousin, Artur! Little Philip has big plans for some sand castle building with Artur :)
Post a Comment